Patent and Trademark
Our intellectual property practice involves:
- assisting clients in choosing trademarks, conducting trademark searches, and registering trademarks in the Patent & Trademark Office;
- determining what aspect of clients’ works can be copyrighted;
- fashioning procedures for protecting trade secrets;
- registering copyrights in the Office of the Copyright Registrar;
- preparing legal opinions on the registrability of trademarks and copyrights as well as on the likelihood of success in opposing or cancelling trademark registrations belonging to competitors;
- preparing infringement opinions for both copyright and trademark;
- prosecuting and defending trademark and copyright infringement actions, trade secret theft, in state and federal courts; and
- prosecuting and defending opposition and cancellation proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
We focus on protecting the goodwill and brand value of clients’ names, products and services. We have vast experience working with a range of industries and technologies, including Internet and e-commerce, data storage, software, medical devices, consumer products, mechanical and electrical devices, testing equipment, toys, construction and the food industry.